How to Clean Your Septic System Filter
Isn't it amazing how quickly six months rolls around? If it’s time for your filter to be cleaned, you can get it done by following these 9 simple steps! Let’s get started.
Need extra help? Watch Curtis from our parent company explain how to do this via video:
1. Locate your septic system's tank.
2. You will see two lids, one for each tank chamber.
3. Assemble the following supplies: rubber gloves, hose with spray nozzle, allen wrench or a drill with correct bit, and paper towel.
4. Put on rubber gloves.
5. Remove the lid from the solids tank (this is the first tank the sewage flows through before being pumped out to the drain field).
6. Reach in, grab the "T" handled pipe, and pull up the filter.
7. Carefully remove filter from housing and spray filter with hose, removing any solids from the filter back in to the tank.